Extra Credit for Ms. Stripling's Classes
- Students may summarize any article that is related to something we have discussed in class. Hand in the original
and the summary to replace a quiz grade. You can also watch a science related show about something we have
discussed in class and summarize the show in two to three paragraphs. (There is a limit of two per quarter.)
Scroll down for more possibilities
Earth Science I Extra Credit -Replaces one test grade
- Plate tectonics, continental drift and sea-floor spreading. Please library sources and the following links to write a 3 page
paper explaining plate tectonics. What is it? What drives it? How does it affect the surface of Earth? What do the crust,
lithosphere, and convection have to do with the continents moving apart? What will Earth look like in 250 million years? And
- 12 point font, times new roman font, 1 “margins, double spaced
- 4 sources required only 2 may be from the Internet
- bibliography required
Marine Science-Replace one test grade
- 3 page double spaced paper on jellyfish, include information on how they feed, reproduce, their life stages, and behavior.
Also include species that are endangered and how they became endangered or extinct. Include the scientific names of any
speices introduced in your paper.
- 12pt font, times new roman, 1″ margins.
- 4 sources are required...2 of these may be internet sites
- include bibliography